Vice President of Commodity Data Analytics
East Daley Capital is seeking a results-oriented, dynamic (energetic) Vice President of Commodity Data Analytics. As a key member of the senior team, the VP will be responsible for designing, architecting and evolving East Daley Capital’s supply, gathering and processing commodity analysis for continued growth and scale. This foundational segment is integral in EDC’s data analysis, problem solving, and product development for client success and market differentiation. These data sets and analysis serve clients directly and are also a key component that drives midstream, downstream, and equity analysis as well as consulting. This leader will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to develop and drive data strategies, determine modeling assumptions, facilitate the systematic capture of unique IP, and work directly with clients.
The ideal candidate will have a proven leadership history of organizational development and planning expertise necessary to manage a team of analysts through complex product requirements with both short- and long-term deliverables. The VP will be best described as a strategic thinker with sound judgment and business acumen who can understand not all business decisions are black and white nor stay static in an ever-changing ecosystem. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have sound grasp on commodity market data as well as be technically minded.
In addition to possessing a deep understanding of commodity data and modeling techniques, this leader will also have a roll-up your sleeves approach and a relentless and patient manner to influence key senior partners and executives. From in-depth past experience, they will know how to work between the technical and business teams that design and implement analytic-based solutions, leveraging peer-group engagement in order to build relationships with all stakeholders. The VP will have a unique work ethic and passion for combining disparate and rapidly changing data sets in a multi-faceted industry into usable reports that drive first to market insights for clients. Additionally, this leader should always be thinking of ways to capture data IP to aid in scaling the business. The ideal candidate will not only enjoy wearing multiple hats but will ultimately thrive in a rapidly developing environment. The role presents a unique opportunity on a coveted leadership team that fosters and exemplifies excellence within the industry.
This is a full-time position, based in Centennial, Colorado and reports directly to the Chief Strategy Officer.
Goals of Position:
- Own the supply, gathering and processing data sets, processes, models, and products for the organization
- Partner with senior team members within functional business units to build and develop upstream data and models that can work seamlessly across the organization
- Define and execute a company wide upstream strategy, ensuring that data processing and enhancement to models are coordinated. Models should integrate and perform to the highest standards and expectations for both internal and external customers in order to drive measurable results
- Build and manage a multi-year roadmap for continued development and enhancement of the foundational upstream data set and associated products.
- Build upstream assets to allow for advanced analytics that significantly impact and drive revenue, EBITDA, and organizational scale
- Develop and implement a processes and methodologies that help to systematically capture IP and enhance differentiation from competitors
- Communicate and present data related matters to executives, in a digestible and simplified format to develop an understanding key objectives, milestones, and outcomes of team roadmaps
- Work with the VP of Data Strategy and Technology to help develop and improve data architecture, processes to support data intake, output, strategy, quality, regulations, and security that facilitate efficiency and scale
- Build, lead, and develop a motivated team as a center of excellence, driving top talent at the interface of data analytics, technology and business
Success Metrics of Position:
- Continued development of and documentation for EDC’s supply methodologies and modeling
- Comprehensive, clean, and complete supply, gathering and processing data sets in production that are housed in a data warehouse and are easily accessible to internal stakeholders
- Continued development of and documentation for EDC’s processes that tangibly ensure data and IP are systematically captured
- Development and consistent delivery of reports and data sets to internal stakeholders, as well as first-to-market insights for clients
- Written and oral presentations of strategic direction of the company’s supply, gathering and processing platform, roadmaps, and resource allocation/needs
- Weekly executive-level and key stakeholder updates on progress towards major initiatives and ongoing priorities
- Streamlined and engaged team who has the agility and direction to deliver upon short term exploratory report requests/updates, as well as complete major milestones with long-term data strategy
- Strong collaborator and business partner, with the ability to influence and motivate teams through building trusted relationships
- Exceptional ability to translate technical objectives, deliverables and results into clear, concise presentations, written reports, and data visualizations to both technical and non-technical audiences across multiple levels of the company
- Proven outcomes in the ability and flexibility to manage and prioritize competing projects simultaneously, balancing long-term/“big-picture” and short-term requests of data architecture needs
- Demonstrates an openness to receive feedback on approaches and solutions, with a relentless pursuit of achieving primary objectives in the business and a bias for continuous improvement
- Excellent organization skills, time management and task flexibility, and project management
- Proven history with promoting a culture of initiative, strong work ethic, success, pride, performance, discipline, innovation and creativity
- Commitment to the “internal client” through exceptional customer service principles
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, startup and high-growth environment with long working hours in and outside the office
- Proven flexibility and ability to manage ambiguity during periods of rapid growth, with desire to learn quickly and adapt to changing environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics or similar field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in hydrocarbon commodity markets
- Oil and Gas industry experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in modeling techniques
- A minimum of 5 years’ leadership experience with full time direct reports
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Hands on experience using SQL, R, or other coding languages to create models
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Project Management Certifications a plus
- Small to high-growth company experience preferred
Requirements of Position:
- Some domestic travel to client sites (<15%)
- Healthcare and HSA with company contributions
- Life, accidental death, short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401K with a company contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
- Office snacks, Friday lunches, casual dress
- Free parking
- Training and development with career path program and mentorship from leadership
** Benefits and perks are always evolving and improving.
Please note is job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.