East Daley Capital (EDC) is seeking a driven and creative Energy Analyst. As a member of the Product and Analytics Team, the Energy Analyst will be working on maintaining and developing fundamental energy market supply and demand data to derive insights and market trends. The Analyst will have the responsibility for analysis and maintenance of energy commodity models.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need the ability to recognize and extrapolate trends and understand dependencies throughout the oil & gas supply chain. The Energy Analyst should have a strong be interest in crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas markets and is passionate about leveraging really detailed data to solve complex analytical problems.
The Energy Analyst will thrive in a results-oriented, fast paced, and scaling environment. S/he will have a strong willingness to learn and develop market insights to share learnings with both internal coworkers and external clients. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious and willing to challenge the status quo to continue to grow EDC’s reputation in the marketplace.
This is a full-time position, based in Centennial, Colorado and reports to a Senior Strategist.
Goals of the Position:
- Produce commodity models, insights, and research reports for both cross functional team use and external client needs on a monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc basis
- Intimately understand publicly available data sets, working with the Data Engineering Team and Analytics Team to ensure data integrity is maintained
- Develop and maintain various oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and water supply forecast models for a specific region and/or specific set of assets
- Clearly communicate insights derived from East Daley’s process which can be used in communications to multiple levels of client stakeholders via email, phone
- Develop and maintain existing process and documentation for production and asset-level models
- Contribute market insights and an understanding of East Daley’s proprietary process to market-based, basin-level and financial research reports
Success Metrics of Position:
- Models are precise and up to date with the most recent publicly available data
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of data sources and how they affect dynamics, micro trends and segments of the supply chain
- Responses to senior leadership are timely, accurate, and show independent thought and conclusions
- Defend market-based conclusions from data sources via professional written and oral communications
- Delivery of market insights and learnings, proactively communicated to the team on a frequent basis
- All processes and methodologies are thoroughly documented
- Proven analytic skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Interest in energy commodity and financial markets
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Demonstration of strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize competing objectives
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Significant knowledge of the midstream supply chain
- Proficient in creating and refining models
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in fields of Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience (or equivalent work/school/internship experience) in modeling, commodity market research or related field
- Experience in modeling, forecasts, and working with raw data sets
Requirements of Position:
- Up to 10% Domestic Travel
- Healthcare and HSA with company contributions
- Life, accidental death, short- and long-term disability coverage
- 401K with a company contribution
- Unlimited paid time off
- Office snacks, Friday lunches, Relaxed dress
- Free parking
- Training and Development with Career Path Program and Mentorship from leadership
** Benefits and perks are always evolving and improving.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.